MISSION STATEMENT

I am raising funds through The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Team in Training" program to support the fight against Leukemia and its related cancers--lymphoma, multiple myeloma and Hodgkin's Disease. A portion of your contribution will enable the LLS to send me to participate in the upcoming San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon in honor of local patients. Please be assured that at least 75 cents of every dollar spent will go towards blood cancer research and patient assistance. One hundred percent of funds raised beyond the $2900 mark will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I encourage you to continue following this blog for updates on my progress. Thank you for your kindness and support!

*PLEASE NOTE*

The "Donate" button on the right sidebar will take you directly to the Team in Training site where you can securely make your donation. If you would prefer the good ol' fashioned United States Postal Service, please send an email to justaboisegirl@gmail.com for further instructions.

Fun with running

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekly update

Last Saturday was our first double-digit run, meaning 10 miles. It was horrible weather and I was extra tired, so I wasn't really feeling it anyway. In an effort to just get it over with, I skipped stretching and didn't adhere to the run/walk interval suggestion. Well, I ended up paying the price for my ignorance. With just under a mile left to go, I started to feel pressure in my knee and hip and ultimately injured my IT band. I was so mad that my long run was going so well then suddenly I had to finish my last mile by slowly limping to the finishing point.

For those who don't know, the IT band runs from the knee to the hip on the outside of your leg and can become a huge problem if it's not taken care of properly. I've spent the last few days icing, stretching and resting my knee and hoping to get back on track soon. I am not giving up on this race and will be taking the time to be well-stretched before any more running.

Shame on me for knowing better and still ignoring good advice. Always stretch. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment